What is the secret to quickly and easily decorate your home for a new year party?
Honestly, balloons are perfect for a new year celebration. They’re fun, inexpensive and make a big impact! You can source balloons to fit whatever theme you’re planning for your party. This is because balloons are available in a huge variety of colours and shapes including festive metallics.
Take a look at the images below for more inspiration and ideas…
6 Easy ways to use balloons to decorate for the new year
- Happy New Year letter & number balloons
These give a great effect and double up as a photo opportunity for your party guests.
- Build an ombre balloon wall
This tutorial uses a wired net and glue dots to create a wall of ballons in graduating shades of a single colour.
- Use bubble balloons as a table centre
Clear bubble balloons can be filled with smaller, coloured balloons, feathers, tissue paper confetti or even tiny LED lights. Add a shiny tassel for a finishing touch.
- DIY glitter confetti balloons
These look fabulously sparkly and have the added bonus of releasing metallic sprinkles when popped at midnight!
- Champagne bottle balloon
We love this large balloon in the shape of a bottle of bubbly, especially with the added balloon ‘bubbles’.
- Create a balloon ceiling
Covering your entire ceiling with balloons will totally transform your party space. Use a mixture of complementary colours and contrasting shapes and sizes to add texture.
Remember to ask each guest to take a balloon home with them (this will make your clean up easier too)!
4 more easy ways to decorate for the new year
- Take the Christmas decorations off your tree, but leave the lights on for a Nordic new year twinkle.
- If you’re having a dinner party, slip a sparkler into each napkin ring.
- Hang a sparkly pinata for your guests to bash at midnight.
- Make your party snacks a part of the decor by adding edible glitter to doughnuts, like these.
Follow our Pinterest board for even more new year party ideas, including musical playlists, cocktail recipes and activities for children.
Other posts that you might like:
- The 10 most inspirational interior design trends for 2020
- Declutter your home for a happier, healthier life
- How to make your home feel incredibly cosy
- Six surprising secrets to sophisticated Christmas styling