Are you are looking for more wonderful things to do in Kent this summer?
We have ten great suggestions here, including drive in movies, a secret garden and even a maize maze!
Now that most of us are able to get out and enjoy the best of Kent, here are some ideas for fun, quirky and different things to do. Don’t forget that some of these activities require pre-booking, so please check and call ahead.
Things to do in Kent this Summer
- Find your way through the MazeMoon maize maze at Rainham and play their ‘Pumpkin Pile-up’ game.
- Maidstone Museum offers lots of exciting talks and events, including The Moon, Young Artists Award and an exhibition about pants!
- Watch a drive through movie at either Betteshanger Park (near Deal) or Swanley Park with Kent Drive-In Cinema. Don’t forget to take popcorn.
- Go tobogganing or tubing at Chatham Snow Sports Centre.
- Visit Bedgebury Forest for horse-riding, mountain-biking, Go-Ape treetop adventure and a Gruffalo sculpture trail.
- Take a day trip to Hythe. Hike up The Roughs to see a Sound Mirror, grab an ice-cream from the Cafe on the Beach or visit the spooky Crypt of St Leonard with its collection of ancient human bones and skulls.
- Hire a boat from Bodium Boating Station and paddle your way to Bodium Castle.
- Take a promenade along Folkestone Harbour Arm. You can even check the online webcam before you go to see how busy it is and what the weather is like.
- Ride, drive and operate real construction machinery at Diggerland. We love the Sky Shuttle ride.
- Visit the secret garden at Groombridge Place, where the boundary between indoors and outdoors is blurred.
Don’t forget to check out 10 outdoor things to do with kids in Kent this Summer too.